Your privacy is important to us. To ensure your privacy is protected, we are providing this notice so you can understand our information practices and your options about how your information is collected and used. PuzzleWiseBooks is a division owned and operated by Dane Company, LLC.
The Information We Collect
Through our websites, publications, and other media we use, you can order products, vote in polls, subscribe to one of our services like our online newsletters, enter contests, or participate in our blogs or communities. You may visit this website and enjoy our publications and promotions without providing any personally identifiable information, but sometimes we ask for your personally identifiable information so we may provide products and services you request. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected include, but are not limited to: name, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information (for purchases online), and information about your interests in and use of a variety of products, programs, and services. This information is collected only when required by the operation you wish to perform.
How We Use the Information
We may use the information you provide about yourself to respond to your requests for information about our products, programs, and services, and to offer other products, programs or services we believe may interest you.
We may sometimes use this information to communicate with you, in such circumstances as to notify you when you have won one of our contests, or should we make changes to subscriber agreements, or to fulfill a request you made for an online newsletter, or should we have reason to contact you about your account.
If you choose to provide content for publication, such as a letter to one of our editors, we may publish your name or other information you have provided to us.
The information we collect for our online blogs and communities is intended to provide an interactive and socially positive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation and, in some occasions, to offer you products, programs, or services.
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information we gather to offer you a more attractive online design and to improve the content of our online presence, and also to help us personalize your Internet experience. We sometimes use this information to analyze site usage, and offer or improve products, programs, or services we believe are of value and interest to you.
We will disclose information the information we have when required by law, such as in response to a court order. We also will disclose information when directed to do so by a law enforcement agency.
Agents and contractors of Puzzlewise, Inc. with access to personally identifiable information are required to protect this information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Occasionally our subscription list, registration list, and reader response list are made available for product offerings, and we are always mindful and respectful of the privilege you have extended by providing us with your information.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions of Use:
1. Introduction. This document identifies and explains the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") controlling your use of the PuzzleWiseBooks website ("website") and the information made available on and through the website. Please read this page carefully. The Terms and Conditions, when agreed to by you, will form a binding Agreement between you and Dane Company, LLC and its division, PuzzleWiseBooks.
2. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use. Your use of the website indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you must not use the website. From time to time these Terms and Conditions may be revised by our updating this document and posting it on the website. It is your obligation to review these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of the website constitutes your acceptance of the most current version of these Terms and Conditions. If at any time you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must immediately cease your use of this website.
3. Definitions. This Agreement defines the following terms:
"Content" includes all Text, Graphics, Design and Programming used on the website.
"Text" includes all text on every page of the website, regardless of its category or purpose.
"Graphics" includes all logos, buttons, and other visual elements on the website, with the exception of paid advertising banners.
"Design" includes the page layout and color combinations on the website.
"Document" refers to any posting appearing on the website.
"User" refers to any individual or organizational entity using any aspect of the website or the website’s services.
"You" refers to the individual using the website and thus agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
4. Intellectual Property Rights. All the site’s content is the property of Dane Company, LLC or the property of third parties as indicated, and is protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties. You may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the Content, or use the Content in any way for public or commercial purposes. The foregoing limitations include, but are not limited to, copying or adapting the HTML code used to generate Web pages, as well as any Graphics, appearing on the website.
The visual appearance and emotional message conveyed by the website, including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design and all graphic elements) are also protected by U.S. copyright law. All product names, names of services, copyrights and service marks ("Marks") are the property of Dane Company, LLC or the property of their respective owners, as indicated. You may not use the Marks for any purpose other than as permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
5. Acceptable Use of the Website. The information displayed on the website may only be used in connection with your direct personal use of the website as permitted by these Terms and Conditions. No element may be excerpted, summarized, duplicated or otherwise removed from the website. In addition, you represent, warrant and agree that you will not use, or plan, encourage or assist others to use, the website for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions or by applicable law. Your use of the website is also subject to the following restrictions:
a) You may not send unsolicited commercial email to the email addresses provided on the website. The posting of email addresses is not to be construed as, and does not constitute consent to use of them by any seller of services, any compiler of mailing lists, or any other non-authorized use without prior permission from Dane Company, LLC In addition, spam, chain emails, advertising solicitations and similar email solicitations are clearly prohibited;
b) You may not copy, duplicate, download or otherwise use any material on the website except for the purposes permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
c) Any information sent to Dane Company, LLC via email is not secure and is sent on a non-confidential basis.
6. Monitoring of Content. Dane Company, LLC does not assume any obligation for the accuracy, completeness, or truthfulness of any of the Content of the website. The Content is presented as general information and may not be updated for the latest developments in the laws that affect your specific circumstances.
7. Prohibited Uses:
a) attempting to probe or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication protocols without written authorization;
b) attempting to interfere with the proper functioning of the website or Dane Company, LLC including, without limitation, by any means e.g. by submitting a virus to the website or “crashing” the website through any means;
c) transmitting unsolicited e-mail promotions and/or advertising;
d) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability. Your agreement to the following disclaimers and limitations is a material inducement to Dane Company, LLC to permit you to access the website. Your use of the website, and the obligations and liabilities of Dane Company, LLC in respect to your use of the website, is expressly limited as follows:
a) Third Party Information. The website may from time to time display the content, services, products or hyperlinks of other companies or persons. Notwithstanding the presentation of any third party information on the website, no such presentation shall be considered an endorsement, representation or warranty, either express or implied, by Dane Company, LLC on behalf of or any third party. In addition, Dane Company, LLC does not endorse, warrant or otherwise guarantee the substance of any information or services provided by third parties. Dane Company, LLC shall have no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the content, subject matter or substance of any information accessed or obtained from third party websites accessed from the website or websites that have links to the website. Access to third party websites from the website is done at your own risk.
b) DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. DANE COMPANY, LLC DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
c) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL DANE COMPANY, LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT DANE COMPANY, LLC IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
d) Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Dane Company, LLC from and against any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, costs and expenses, including but not limited to, attorneys fees and costs of suit, arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
a) Overview. Dane Company, LLC is committed to protecting the privacy of our Users. Subject to the privacy limitations inherit with email and non secure websites, Dane Company, LLC shall use its best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to the website remains private, and is used only for the purposes as set forth herein.
c) User Specific Information Collection. If you register with Dane Company, LLC to use any of the special services available through the website, you will be asked to submit certain information, names and email addresses. This information will be used to permit you to receive any information you may have requested from Dane Company, LLC and any additional communications we deem may be appropriate relative to your request.
e) Modifying Account Information. Dane Company, LLC permits you to change or correct your personal information at any time and for any reason. To modify your personal information, follow the applicable procedures on the website.
f) Feedback. Dane Company, LLC has an area on the website which permits you to submit feedback about the website. Any feedback that is submitted becomes the property of Dane Company, LLC; Dane Company, LLC may use your feedback to make improvements to the website for marketing purposes, or to contact you.
g) Opt-Out. Dane Company, LLC permits you to opt-out of receiving communications from the website. To opt-out of receiving communications, you may edit your preferences and elect not to receive communications. If you do not want your feedback displayed on the website, you must so indicate at the time of submission. At any time you may choose to stop using the website or elect not to receive communications from the website.
i) General. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A.. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under these Terms and Conditions shall lie exclusively with the state and federal courts within the State of Washington. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of Dane Company, LLC to enforce any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed a waiver thereof and shall not prevent its later enforcement.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com
Rules of Conduct
PuzzleWiseBooks.com visitors are composed of a great variety of individuals with varying opinions, ideas, and experiences. We welcome all guests to participate with this website for the values each guest will uniquely determine best suits their individual circumstances, because it is the intention of PuzzleWiseBooks to provide an informative, friendly, convenient and comfortable Internet location for educational enthusiasts of all kinds.
There are certain expectations for this educational-participant community, as outlined below. These rules of conduct are sensible and reasonable, and are imposed to make this website attractive and useful for everyone. Thank you for agreeing to abide by these common courtesies.
By using PuzzleWiseBooks.com, you agree to the following:
1. You agree to respect the opinions of others.
2. You agree to not post inappropriate, abusive, disrespectful, indecent or unlawful messages.
3. You agree to respect the right of others to remain anonymous and you will not post any information that could be used to identify or locate another person.
4. You agree to not impersonate another person.
5. You agree to not use this website for any unlawful purpose including the propagation of viruses or other malicious software.
6. You agree that you are over the age of 18 if you choose to post on a blog.
7. You agree to report community-related problems that are in violation of the Terms and Conditions and these Rules of Conduct by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Contact Us page.
8. You agree not to post problem-reports and complaints publicly on the site, or to comment publicly on staff actions.
9. You agree to not use this website to promote, advertise or link to commercial services or products or to solicit donations. However, you may display your own personal website address in the appropriate field in your profile and in your signature.
We will take action against any behavior that disrupts the community at PuzzleWiseBooks. Dane Company, LLC has the right but not the obligation to move or remove any User-generated Content for any reason without notice.
Dane Company, LLC neither endorses nor is responsible for any opinion, information, advice or statement displayed by third parties on this website, nor is Dane Company, LLC responsible for any errors or omissions of such postings, nor any hyperlinks that may be posted in messages.
Under no circumstances is Dane Company, LLC liable for any loss or damage caused by a User’s reliance on information obtained in blogs, forums, profiles, commentary areas, or reports. The opinions expressed here are solely the opinions of the User or Users participating on this website and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of PuzzleWiseBooks and Dane Company, LLC
Please check these guidelines periodically as they may be revised from time to time for the protection of our community.